Providing More Value for DICE Producers
Documentary, Industrial, Commercial and Educational (DICE) film producers and crews are typically covered by a specialty policy that insures the basics, such as the cast, props, sets, cameras and equipment. To help mitigate further losses and exposures that may not be covered, we have enhanced our current commercial producer policy to include a new Stretch endorsement.
We want our DICE customers to focus on the development of their work. Loss of personal property, rental income or private data records can disrupt a shoot, especially if the insurance coverage is minimal. Our Stretch endorsement provides an assortment of new extras to ensure the set remains fully secure. Some of the included extras are:
- Personal Property of Employees – Coverage for direct physical loss or damage of an employee’s property, even if the property is left in an unattended vehicle, so long as the property or unattended vehicle is on the business premises or temporary work location.
- Loss of Rental Income – Coverage for loss of income of covered property or equipment that cannot be rented or leased because it has been damaged.
- Property Leased or Rented to Others – Coverage for direct physical loss or damage beyond repair to a covered property, while it is loaned, leased or rented to others.
- Drones – Coverage for direct physical loss or damage to unmanned aircraft that the insured owns or rents or leases from others.
- Unexplained or Mysterious Disappearance – Coverage for loss or damage that is caused by or resulting from an unexplained disappearance of property, if reported to us in writing within 60 days of it happening and we are provided proof that the insured had possession of the missing property.
- Rewards – If notice of a reward has been publicly posted for information leading to the return of stolen property or arrest and conviction of any person or persons committing a crime resulting in theft, arson or vandalism to the property, we will reimburse the reward payment. The reward will be paid to the person designated by a law enforcement agency as being the first to voluntarily provide the necessary information or return the stolen property.
- Valuable Records – We will pay to replace, restore or reproduce valuable records, which includes documents and manuscripts.
These are only a small sample of coverage extensions included within the Stretch endorsement, which is provided for no additional cost. Unique endorsements, such as Stretch show how ProSight adds value to the DICE industry that goes beyond traditional insurance coverage.